Details of Scholarships, Donations, Endowments and Prizes from Donors and College Management for the benefit of students.
DONATIONS AND ENDOWMENTS MADE TO AND IN THE NAME OF THE COLLEGE
- Aka Dandaiah Pantulu Hall, worth at least Rs. 40,000/- in 1940, was graciously endowed by Sri Aka Dandaiah Pantulu. It is our Assembly Hall. In his memory the College and the high Schools grant fee concessions to the tune of Rs.500/- every year.
- Sri Maddi Sudarsanam gave handsome donation of about Rs 20,000/-for the construction of the Maddi Sudarsanam College of Commerce. He has been made Vice-President for life in the College Committee.
- The Majety family contributed Rs.8, 500/- to the Eastern wing of the College. Fee concessions of the total value of Rs.400/- are being given in their name every year by the College and the high Schools.
- Heirs of the late Srimati Kakumanu pitcamma of muppalla contributed Rs.10, 000/- to the Western Wing of the College main Building. A full scholarship is being given every year to the best inter students chosen from our high schools in her name.
- A sum of Rs.7,300/- was donated by late Smt. Mandapati Bharati Devi in memory of her husband late Narayana garu, for the construction of Barathi hall on the first floor of the main college building.
- Lands worth Rs.10,000/- were endowed by the son of late Sri kota Lakshmaiah Naidu, the sale proceeds of which were utilized for extending the College Buildings. Two full foe concessions are being awarded in his name every year.
- Smt. Siddabathuni Komalangamma made a gift of two acres of land, the proceeds of which amounting to Rs.14,000/- were utilized for the construction of the College Hostel as desired by her.
- Sri G.V.Hanumantha Rao, an old student of Hindu College High School and Hindu College, donated his houses having an area of about 1000 Sq.yds. Bearing Assessment No.7482 situated at 2/5, Arundel pet, GUNTUR, to HINDU COLLEGE, Guntur for using the building and site as an educational institution to serve the cause of children's education to commemorate the name of his family, `Gangaraju'.
- Smt.Devarapu Chinnamma gave a donation of Rs. I5, 000/- for the construction of the College Hostel.
- A House was bequeathed to the College by late Smt.Basani Challamma, in lieu of which Sri Padarthy Somayya gave an amount of Rs.4,000/-.
- Lt.Col.Sankara Sastry donated Rs.4, 000/- in memory of his son Radhakrishna towards the construction of the main college building.
- Sri V.V.Punnaiah donated a sum of Rs.4, 000/- to the College
- Members of the family to late Sri Vallabhajosyula Subba Rao have donated a sum of Rs2, 500/- to be invested in a fixed deposit and the Annual interest there from to be utilized for awarding a scholarship in his name, to a poor and deserving student at the Degree or Intermediate level.
- Sri Tutupalli Venkata Lakshmi Narasimham donated a sum of Rs.5, 000/- to be kept in fixed deposit and the interest accrued thereon to be distributed to deserving Brahmin students.
- Two gold medals styled "Sai Chandra Sekhar Memorial Prize" donated by Sri P.Mastan Rao and P.Rukmini Devi, GUNTUR in memory of their third son Sai Chandra Sekhar, Lecturer in History HINDU COLLEGE, GUNTUR from out of the periodical interest accrued every year from the corpus fund of a sum of Rs. 10, 000/- to two meritorious students in the college of Senior intermediate Class and lll Degree Class.
- Sri A.Venkateswara Rao, Advocate, Guntur donated a sum of Rs.I0,000/- to be kept in Fixed Deposit and the interest accrued thereon to be utilized for awarding two Gold medals, one to the student who secures highest marks in B.Com Degree Examination and another to the student who secures the highest marks in the subject `Statistics' in III B.Com. Final Year Examination. This award was instituted in memory of his son Sri A.V.Ramakrishna.
- Late Sri pasam Radhakrishna Murthy Memorial Scholarship was instituted by his wife Sri pasam Dhana Lakshmi who donated a sum of Rs.10,000/- to be put in Fixed Deposit and the interest accrued therefrom to be given to poor and meritorious kapu/Telaga students of. Junior and Senior Intermediate Classes, to be given in the form of tuition/term fee remissions, and the remaining amount to be given to a first Year Degree Student.
- Dr. Siva P. Hari, C.E.O. and President of Jarrow Industries, California, U.S.A. donated an amount of Rs.One Lakh to Hindu College, Guntur to utilize the annual interest there on for giving TWO GOLD MEDALS and FOUR CASH PRIZES to students of M.Sc. Mathematics (male student) and M.Sc. Physics (female student) of Hindu College, Post-Graduate courses centre, Amaravathi Road, Guntur - 522 002 based on their Graduate course performance in the Names of the parents Hari Hanumayamma (mother) and Hari Punyakoty (father) annually.
DONORS WHO INSTITUTED SCHOLARSHIPS AND PRIZES TO STUDENTS OF HINDU COLLEGE, GUNTUR.
- Late Sri Annamraju Seethapati Rao
- Late Sri Sanagapati Punnaiah
- Family members of Late Sri Vallabhajosyula Subha Rao garu
- Sri P.V.Krishna Murthy
- Sri Kalavagunta Narasinga Rao
- Sri Madhavapeddi Hanumantha Rao
- Sri Sistla Anjaneya Sastry
- Sri P.V.Narasimha Rao (Former H.O.D. of Mathematics)
- Sri Addanki Rama Mohan Rao
- Sri Kompalli Nageswara Rao
- Late Sri Chatti Ramakrishna Rao (Former H.O.D. of Botany)
- Sri B.Narayana Rao (Former H.O.D. of Zoology)
- Sri P. Venkateswara Rao (Former H.O.D. of Agriculture)
- Dr.B.S.L.Hanumantha Rao (Former H.O.D. of History)
- Smt. Kotamraju Lalitamba
- Sri Parabrahmam
- Sri B.Radhakrishna Murthy (Former H.O.D. of Sanskrit)
- M/s. Vijayalakshmi Jewelers, Guntur
- Smt. B.Satyavathamma
- Sri M.Poornachandra Rao
- Sri Mazumdar Nagaraju
- Sri N.Chidananda Rao
- Sri Kambhampati Venkata Krishna Sastry
- Sri M.A.Sastr
and many others